n00bie in SoCal (Burbank)

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm John and I'm currently building my 1st pond.
At the moment I'm clearing out the area I plan to have the pond in.
It's will be about 4-4.5' deep and appoximately 2500 gallons.
I'm fairly new to the hobby and the Koi I have in my aqauriums are growing, so this is the next step.
I've been reading up alot of information from this site and a few others.
What I would love to do is visit other local pond owners to see what they have accomplished.
I'll try and get pics up after downloading them.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum my friend. Another caught the fever huh? I wish i could afford to go bigger, way bigger. well, nice to have you onboard, and dont stop pondering your ponding.
MARK

Reaction score
I've had the fever for sometime now. I decided by the start of the year to seriously get going. I guess you could say it was somewhat of a new years resolution or new year's goal. Something of that sort. So far, all I've done has costed me nothing from my pocket. I've had some help from my brother-in-laws (2 of them), since they are living with me and the family for free. So what a great way to get some labor for free in a way.
Thanks for the welcome.

Reaction score
^ Thank goodness they aren't teenagers. My B-I-L's are actually older than me. But I don't have a problem telling them I need their help with stuff around the house.

Reaction score
mister2driver said:
^ Thank goodness they aren't teenagers. My B-I-L's are actually older than me. But I don't have a problem telling them I need their help with stuff around the house.

haha they better listen to you theyre living at your house

Reaction score
Hell ya they better listen. It's too bad that I always have to suggest things for them to do. I guess it's better that way, I would be kinda like a micro-manager.

Reaction score
mister2driver said:
Hell ya they better listen. It's too bad that I always have to suggest things for them to do. I guess it's better that way, I would be kinda like a micro-manager.

id rather tell someone what to do instead of them doing something thinking its what i want when it actually isnt

Reaction score
c2c7390 said:
id rather tell someone what to do instead of them doing something thinking its what i want when it actually isnt

Isn't that the truth. One of the BIL's cut down some plants in tha backyard,
ans ruined some that I wanted to grow up tall. The peabrain thought some of them were weeds.

Reaction score
mister2driver said:
Isn't that the truth. One of the BIL's cut down some plants in tha backyard,
ans ruined some that I wanted to grow up tall. The peabrain thought some of them were weeds.

AHAHA...that happened to my aunt...her son in law was doing yard work and was using a hoe or something to dig up small weeds and he thought some of her sweet pea seedlings were weeds...and then no more sweet peas

Reaction score
Yeah but seriously, do young 10 foot palm trees look like weeds???
I also had a nice Jasmine plant that was thriving again after that real bad winter we had 2 years ago. It was about 8 feet and growing nicely. The dingbat cut about 3 feet off the top!!!

Reaction score
c2c7390 said:
AHAHA...that happened to my aunt...her son in law was doing yard work and was using a hoe or something to dig up small weeds and he thought some of her sweet pea seedlings were weeds...and then no more sweet peas

arn't hoes expencive anyhow? i would have just used a garden tool. then you don't have pimps trying to slap you.

Reaction score
mister2driver said:
Yeah but seriously, do young 10 foot palm trees look like weeds???
I also had a nice Jasmine plant that was thriving again after that real bad winter we had 2 years ago. It was about 8 feet and growing nicely. The dingbat cut about 3 feet off the top!!!

haha no...wow...thats pretty bad

Ask a Question