Name that skimmer...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I’m in need of a skimmer for my pond and my aunt offered me her skimmer. She recently turned her pond into a pond less waterfall after losing all of her fish. However there are no name or serial numbers on this skimmer any where and I can’t figure out if it’s a good match for my pump. Any guess what it is? Crystal Falls perhaps?

Attachments

• 8E5A5661-668A-4C8F-9843-F7CAE12BA9EE.png
    8E5A5661-668A-4C8F-9843-F7CAE12BA9EE.png
    352.4 KB · Views: 283

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the opening is really small and very open so it must be really old and never saw one with a pipe in the front .is that part of it or for the waterfall thing I see

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
It's about the same as mine and I run 2000 gph I also have a very small stand alone skimmer I needed to use with about 4or 5 inch opening and it handled intake no issue. If the pump fits in it you could test in an open tub even a bath tub.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
the opening is really small and very open so it must be really old and never saw one with a pipe in the front .is that part of it or for the waterfall thing I see

Yes the pipe is just sitting there. I think it’s an EasyPro PSMEX model. I think...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Crud I guess this won’t work because it’s for an external pump and I have a submersible. Bummer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
Crud I guess this won’t work because it’s for an external pump and I have a submersible. Bummer.
Either or it should work will your submersible fit into the skimmer? Usually a hole on side to run the pipe out to your water fall. That pipe in the front should attach to your pump then to your hose through the side hole although you may need adapter fitting. Typically there is a foot valve as in your pic which only allows water to flow one way so you dont drain your water fall if you shut down the pump. Add a picture of the inside of the skimmer and try to fit your pump inside it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yeah, you should be able to put a cap on hole for the external pump and, if needed, put a new hole in the side to accommodate a submersible pump.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Either or it should work will your submersible fit into the skimmer? Usually a hole on side to run the pipe out to your water fall. That pipe in the front should attach to your pump then to your hose through the side hole although you may need adapter fitting. Typically there is a foot valve as in your pic which only allows water to flow one way so you dont drain your water fall if you shut down the pump. Add a picture of the inside of the skimmer and try to fit your pump inside it.

Thanks! I’ll see if my pump will fit in this one.

Ask a Question