National DO NOT CALL Registry horror

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Has anyone else placed their phone number on the DO NOT CALL Registry?
I have, and the junk calls have increased by at least 400%.
How about you?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I did a while back, we don't get to many. If I don't know the number it goes to voice mail. After a while they stop . Cell phones we have call blockers set up they do a great job. We use " should I answer " app, screens a lot of the calls any it misses we flag as blocked.

I never put my cell out on the net. We use our "home phone" magic jack, on the net.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The NDNCR is a farce. No matter how many times I register our phone numbers, we still get tons of calls. It's not even worth reporting them because nothing is ever done.

Last edited:

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would say, quite conservatively, that 75%+ of our phone calls are unsolicited telemarketer calls, but then again, we have a website. I no longer answer any calls from numbers that are already not in my address book. If it is an existing or new customer, and they leave a message, I then return their call, otherwise, I just delete the call. Many of these calls are "automated" calls.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
People want honey after the market closed. I told all of them the best thing to do is email me, that they are doing.

I hate telemarketers, never yell at them just say no immediately and hang up the phone, no matter what they are pushing, if I happen to answer the phone.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I never answer the phone unless I absolutely know who it is. We get some spoofed #s. Ones that when you see the # on your caller I.D and you call them back and the recording says" we're sorry the # you have reached is not a working #" or we get some that are using other businesses # as a spoof # and when you call the real business answers and I tell them someone is using your # to spam people with. One was the actual no mo ro bo real # and when you called it had a message from no mo ro bo about leaving the # that was needed to be blocked or something. I got a hold of them and told them also someone was faking their # to use to call people. Happened w/ Cabela's sporting goods store too. Not good for business's when spammers use their # on you caller I.D. If you were to block the #'s you would be blocking the real business and not the spammers. This is getting ridiculous and why can't they do something to stop these idiots!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
The latest number spoofing tactic I have noticed is they will spoof a phone number very similar to your own phone number (same area code and prefix), so I guess some people think "oh, it must be someone nearby."

The sad thing is they wouldn't resort to all these tactics if they weren't making money off all these phone calls.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The latest number spoofing tactic I have noticed is they will spoof a phone number very similar to your own phone number (same area code and prefix), so I guess some people think "oh, it must be someone nearby."

The sad thing is they wouldn't resort to all these tactics if they weren't making money off all these phone calls.
We don't answer those calls either, even with our area code. We just don't answer the phone. But leave a message and I will call you back, if I want to lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's something that used to work years ago, now it's spammers owned

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
The " because of your excellent credit rating" lower rate calls.. 3 a day on average. I called them back. Told the woman if she could tell me who's she's talking to, my credit score, and what card(s) I use, I would consider it... She just hung up. I blocked the number.. you can do that with Comcast.
If you have Comcast (Xfinity) phone.. dial *60 to set up blocking. 25 numbers free.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

Yes, they are doing that here. I no longer answer numbers I don’t know. And I’ve told people to text me first so I know who they are.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@teeemkay yep I notice that everyday, they call w/our prefix and similar area #'s and think I will be stupid enough to pick up. I call them back w/the # on caller idea and it is always a non working #. I always have my # hidden when I call anyone unless I know the person then I dial the *82 to reveal it. I would like to find out the real # they are calling from and why can't the phone companies or the gov't find them out and stop them?

Ask a Question