addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have three, bought one in AZ since I left ours at home, in MD, bought one at the beach, still have it somewhere..........left purse in camper picked up another. Cheap and saves you a lot of money on the camping fees and entrance fees. Think we will pick up one more. Just in case!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We have one as you can share w/your spouse on entrance to parks etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
I can't believe they are increasing the price so much. (Well, I BELIEVE it, but still...) I better tell hubs' parents to order theirs before the 28th--they travel out west a lot and go to the big parks (Grand Canyon, etc.)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well darn I was gonna get another but we don't really need two. I just found out if you order online it costs $10 for the pass and a $10 processing fee. I will just make sure we don't lose the one we have. If you go to a park I don't think there is a processing fee. We didn't pay one when we got ours but maybe that too has changed.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We bought our last one at the gate as you entered assateague island. I am going to pick up another one for back up. There is no processing fee at the gate, just 10 bucks. We are heading there this weekend for a few days.

Then we will have one in the RV, in my wallet, and two spares. They do save you a lot of money. If you go to national parks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can't believe they are increasing the price so much. (Well, I BELIEVE it, but still...)

Seniors should have Free passes!!
I mean common..most seniors struggle to live off their pensions, they should be able to at least enjoy Nature for Free!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Seniors should have Free passes!!
I mean common..most seniors struggle to live off their pensions, they should be able to at least enjoy Nature for Free!

I hear what you are saying, but I live a few miles from one of the most visited National Parks in the US...the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and it is so run down. I've been told by several park rangers that their budget has been cut to the bone. In fact, I know of projects in the park that the rangers have done on their own without funding. The Delaware Water Gap Area used to be the largest summer vacation resort area in the US. At one time there were 50 resort hotels in the area. With the advent of the car, this all changed. Almost all of the resorts are gone, but some remnants/ruins still exist, but they are in deplorable condition. It is a shame this history is being allowed to die because of lack of funds.

Ask a Question