Native plants?

Reaction score
Hubby is going to go out and grab some native plants... mainly some cattails, but who knows what else he may find of interest... I cant remember the where (maybe somewhere in this site LOL), but there was a method for "cleaning" them for a lack of better wording... aka the pond/fish outside are healthy, and I am a bit paranoid of bringing in some unwelcome baggage. Can set up a pool for them to live in for a bit, or to treat, so not going right into the pond... just need to know what to do with/for them to be sure they are safe for our pond .... thanks in advance:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just keep soaking until I get all the old dirt of and then rinse them after that in some peroxide and water and usually wait a couple of weeks to make sure they are good and clean .I hose the roots off and use a little dish detergent in the water every time I rinse them off .Better safe than sorry when it comes to plants .I never put them in even from the nursery as you never know .I used kitty litter and crushed oyster shells to plant them .Also trimming the roots helps .

Ask a Question