JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Anyone here a fan of native plants? Or stay tuned into things like the most problematic invasive aquatic flora? Any favorite nurseries wit a emphasis on native plants that ship nationally in USA?

Prairie Moon Nursery & Prairie Nursery but its a bit late in the season now so their shipping usually stops for the warmer months and starts again in autumn. I don't believe either have aquatic plants like waterlilies, but they do sell wetland plants and some marginals, as well as woodland and prairie plants. You might also be able to find local native plant sales this time of year. We have quite a few in southeastern Wisconsin between May-June, maybe you do as well. That's my personal favorite way to buy them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1652819560398.gif
and welcome @Skovand

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Prairie Moon Nursery & Prairie Nursery but its a bit late in the season now so their shipping usually stops for the warmer months and starts again in autumn. I don't believe either have aquatic plants like waterlilies, but they do sell wetland plants and some marginals, as well as woodland and prairie plants. You might also be able to find local native plant sales this time of year. We have quite a few in southeastern Wisconsin between May-June, maybe you do as well. That's my personal favorite way to buy them.
I’m a fan of Prairie Moon. Never purchased from them that I recall. I think I tried at one time but that they were selling to businesses only at that time. I can’t remember. But I do browse their list often and hear them on and off podcasts as guests and stuff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've noticed a few of my favorite nurseries are stocking more and more native plants recently. Maybe try a local place and let them know you're interested in native varieties.

Ask a Question