Natural Swimming Pool or Human Koi Pond w/ Jacuzzi..

Reaction score
DID not know that there was a pond building forum like this.

Very cool.

I am about to lay my stones for my waterfall. They are going to be Pecos boulders. I'm wrapping my water feature with Rosa Flagstone.

I've built my fair share of ponds, but this natural thing is new.

Anyone have any warnings?

Also taking an 8x8 above ground Jacuzzi and sinking it.

Any ideas how to secure it so it doesn't float on me.

THANK YOU you ver much in advance.

Jimmy McDonald
www.MySprinklerGuy.
20141007_152600.jpg
20141007_152600.jpg
com

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Looking nice keep upthe good work cant wait to see it finished (y)

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! looking good

Reaction score
Thanks Y'all.... You must be the "Welcoming Squad...."

I need a like and something else to play with all of the site goodies....

I know I'm gonna like it around here. ( & I'll try not to post two pics from my phone again )

How 'bout a little love for this "Old Guy" ........ 8o)

Already have my favorite smilies picked out and everything....:ninja: :eek: :pompous:

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome SprinklerGuy. I can't wait to see who the natural swimming pool works out. I had played around with the idea when I built my pond but couldn't find enough info to make it work so I'll be interested in how it works out for you. Good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Also taking an 8x8 above ground Jacuzzi and sinking it.

Any ideas how to secure it so it doesn't float on me.

THANK YOU you ver much in advance.
Just the tub with no pumps? I am guessing it won't float, when full of water. If you are leaving the pumps in it, how will you access them? Also, the wiring underground might be a problem. You would have to move all the electrical stuff above ground.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Reaction score
I gutted the pump and heater and am re-piping / wiring it. ( suction and discharge behind the control panel ) am dropping the Jacuzzi into the ground 36 inches and moving everything behind my waterfall. - running 220 out there too..

Gonna have to tell u how that goes.

My problem is that if I sink the Jacuzzi in the ground 3 feet and we get a torrential downpour, there's a possibility that the water on the outside will rise above the water line on the inside and pop this thing out of the ground like a cork.

Going to be mortaring flagstone around it and it will crack apart without much hesitation... 8-(

Just trying to think ahead and tackle the "un-knowns"

In the pic below, the hole for the Jacuzzi is behind me and I'm creating a flagstone ledge between the water feature and the Jacuzzi for people to relax and talk or enjoy a drink between the two.

Got 5000 lbs of Pecos River rock and boulders for my waterfall today and will start hiding the equip tomorrow.

jimmy-wet.jpg

Reaction score
Welcome SprinklerGuy. I can't wait to see who the natural swimming pool works out. I had played around with the idea when I built my pond but couldn't find enough info to make it work so I'll be interested in how it works out for you. Good luck!

Only difference between this and a small 10 x 12... 4.5 ft deep Koi pond is that I have created an entryway and a angled lounging area which is in itself a liner wrapping disaster and I'm adding a little different filtration system that I am hoping will not affect my bog plants too much. Adding a UV sterilizer and ionizer.

Great thing about a forum like this is that it seems people are really interested.

I like to share my stuff and get ideas.

We'll find out if this works together... lol

These natural swimming pools are all the rage in Europe and Australia.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yep they are popular over there but finding information on them is scarce. It looks like a regular pond with bog features built into the sides but I'm not sure. What about doing some type of a french drain around the jacuzzi to keep the water from rising? It looks awesome and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Reaction score
I am still trying to decide what the best way to drain that fella is.

I think I can pop a hole in the side wall about 16 inches up and drain it to the swell with a pop up emitter.

Trying to work on my waterfall right now.

The real bear right now is my liner wraps.

Too many square spots.

:geek:

Can't hide the corners.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Eh it all works out. My pond is a funky kidney shape with more creases than a 99 year old. Now that it's in and covered with algae I don't even see them anymore.

Reaction score
I can't have algae in the swimming area, which is why I separated and raised my bog.

I'm in trouble I think. :wideyed:

Proof is in the pudding.

Going to be mortaring everything in tomorrow.

Gonna see what I can hide behind boulders and flagstone... :wtf:

Ask a Question