JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've said it before, I always see their tracks in my yard, but I never see them. Here they are! I glanced out the window and saw them in my neighbors yard as they jumped over the snow mounds along the road to get across the street.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm loving the pictures - videos of deer in the snow.....looks straight out of a Currier & Ives print !

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My camera isn't the greatest at distance shots but I brought it w/me today to take pictures of the snow. Noticed these guys up in the trees so thought I'd do my best to get a shot.

Hawk

Two Bald Eagles below............this road has tons of them at times and they all roost in a certain tree. Today none. These two were in a different tree closer to the road so I could get a bit of a view of them.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Happy World Wildlife Day!

I checked in on the Decorah Eagles stream today to see that the female laid her third egg last night. Now it'll be about a month before they start hatching.

B

Burd

I saw a coyote last week a few miles from my place, it came out of the woods and was standing by the road. I’ve never seen one in Michigan before, it was big. I couldn’t get a pic of it, I was driving.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Gosh, coyotes are as plentiful as rabbits here in Illinois. I'm in a relatively suburban neighborhood and they routinely wander the streets at night. When the trains pass through town and sound the whistle, they all take to howling - that's when you realize how many there actually are. Now that everyone has video doorbells or security systems, we get panicked postings on our neighborhood Facebook page about them eating children and small pets. We've even had people post video of the "wolf pack" that wandered through the neighborhood. Um... no. One lady posted a picture of the "150 pound coyote" her husband saw walking down the street. Another neighbor said "hey! That's actually my Labrador retriever and he's not a pound over 100!" Too funny!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They walked down the streets of Arizona all of the time. One walked in front of our house around 11am every day. You could almost set your clock on him showing up.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Coyotes are common here, too. I don't see them all that often but I can occasionally hear them howling in the distance, and I often see their tracks in my yard in winter, as well as in the woods. I love coyotes. I really enjoyed the time I was walking in the woods and saw two of them walking. They never saw me. It was fun seeing animals truly act like normal animals and have no idea that they were being watched.

They do get a bad rep because they like eating small animals, and pets fall into that category, but they rarely bite humans and don't really cause issues otherwise. They also help control rabbit populations, and we have a huge population of rabbits around here.

Ask a Question