addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just love the shots! Really love all the wild life you have too. Down here all we have for wild life is Seniors!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Really cool shots @MitchM
A trail cam would be fun to have!

You can catch some interesting stuff around the bottom of bird feeders, around garbage cans or anywhere little creatures go.
I found a den dug into the ground while out exploring, so I'm going to set up a trail cam there next. I think it's too small for a bear so we'll see who lives there.
I won't bring the dogs for that one.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have saved the info on your trail cam for years now, actually think I will pick one up. Even with all our cameras set up, I miss things it is hard to scroll through for all the action. They go off all the time with all the wind movement we have.

Take some shots of our back field, probably will just catch deer and maybe a red fox if the darn hunters have not wiped them out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I have saved the info on your trail cam for years now, actually think I will pick one up. Even with all our cameras set up, I miss things it is hard to scroll through for all the action. They go off all the time with all the wind movement we have.

This trail cam has a 5 second delay that I don't like. If you can find one with an option for a shorter delay, you might catch more wildlife activity.
Lots of foxes in the pictures here, I consider them our natural cats.
I also get a lot of shots of branches or trees blowing in the wind, so I try to set it up where branches don't get in the way. Heavy snow can weigh branches down and into the picture of course.
I use a 16GB memory card that's good for about 1000 pictures, but even if I leave the trail cam alone for 3 or 4 months, it doesn't fill the card. I think they take 8 AA batteries each that last a year.
It is fun though.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks I would not have even thought about time delays. Maybe this year I will finally do it!
Mainly catch things coming out of the back woods and in the back field.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
One last drawing. The bigger picture I was working on.
CartoonMergesmaller.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went on my first wintry hike of the season this morning! I was hoping to see the deer, and sure enough, they were right where I usually find them after a snowfall.
IMG_0982 copy.jpg

IMG_0962 copy.jpg

IMG_0966 copy.jpg

IMG_0975 copy.jpg

IMG_1019 copy.jpg

IMG_1022 copy.jpg

IMG_1025 copy1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm in Thailand right now. After the Monarch raising this year I thought Thailand has Monarch too but I mistaken this little guy to the monarch :)

IMG_7064.JPG

We do have different kind of milkweed (probably not a milkweed but very similar) though...

IMG_7037.JPG

We use this milkweed type plant flowers for decorations or make it into necklace or hair decorations :).

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm in Thailand right now. After the Monarch raising this year I thought Thailand has Monarch too but I mistaken this little guy to the monarch :)

View attachment 96523

We do have different kind of milkweed (probably not a milkweed but very similar) though...

View attachment 96524

We use this milkweed type plant flowers for decorations or make it into necklace or hair decorations :).

The butterfly is in the same family as Monarchs! Probably the Common Tiger (Danaus genutia), and the plant is certainly a milkweed relative, possibly Crown Flower (Calotropis gigantea).
Both Monarch relatives and milkweed relatives can be found in many places around the world. Very cool seeing the ones native to Thailand! (y) Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The butterfly is in the same family as Monarchs! Probably the Common Tiger (Danaus genutia), and the plant is certainly a milkweed relative, possibly Crown Flower (Calotropis gigantea).
Both Monarch relatives and milkweed relatives can be found in many places around the world. Very cool seeing the ones native to Thailand! (y) Thanks for sharing!
that's really cool! I found the relative for both! I wonder if this Common Tiger (if that's the correct specie, I have no idea) use milkweed to grow too. I'll have to look up, We used to have them everywhere and now I don't see them anymore. this one is from a botanical garden, butterfly section. I wonder if I could plant this milkweed in the US :) it can be about 6 feet tall and i love the flower. I wonder if the monarch would like it, oh well, I shouldn't plant non-native plant anyway...

Ask a Question