JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
that's really cool! I found the relative for both! I wonder if this Common Tiger (if that's the correct specie, I have no idea) use milkweed to grow too.

If I remember correctly, all Danaus butterfly species' caterpillars eat milkweed or milkweed relatives, but I don't know that for a fact.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I noticed deer tracks in the yard today. Two sets in the back yard, and it looks like there may be two more in the front yard.
IMG_1094 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I noticed deer tracks in the yard today. Two sets in the back yard, and it looks like there may be two more in the front yard.
View attachment 96633
I saw some deer tracks in our yard, too. The only problem was, they were on the inside of the 4 strand electric fence, which isn't electrified. I will have to add a jolt to the wires soon.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My 12 best photos of 2016.

Blue Crane (at International Crane Foundation), Blanket Flower, Monarch on Meadow Blazing Star,
Monarch on Orange Milkweed, Green Frog on Lily Pad, Fly on Blue Flag Iris,
Boardwalk at Scuppernong Springs Nature Trail (was featured on the Wisconsin Wetlands Association website), Two New Monarchs, Eastern Tiger Swallowtail on Purple Coneflower,
Blue Dasher on Blazing Star, Mushrooms in the Woods, & Button Blazing Star in the Scuppernong Prairie.

2016.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
With 2016 coming to an end, here is my favorite moment of the year. It will not be topped in 2017, either. It happened on May 25th at 11:48am. I had hiked both the west and the east bluffs at Devil's Lake that day. This was taken on the east bluff. I sat down against a rock, ate lunch, and enjoyed the view 500 ft. above the lake. The weather was nearly perfect. This is one of those times when the camera doesn't justify the view you see when you're actually there.

IMG_8519 copy1.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
A beautiful view and one of those perfect moments when everything feels wonderful and right w/the world :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Big messy webs probably 10 feet in size.

The wind was blowing it was hard to keep them in focus
The one had more color then the other.
I stood far away to keep from touching the web. Or letting the spider get near me.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 that's one heck of a big spider web for one heck of a big spider :eek:
Wonder if it's poisonous? Always fun tho to touch it lightly w/a small twig to see it come running to see what it caught!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went walking this morning. Found three of the deer that live in the woods. They were out in an unused field that plans to be a park in the future.
IMG_1109 copy.jpg

To my surprise, I also saw Two Western Chorus frogs under the ice of a small vernal stream that flows through the woods. I actually assumed the stream was frozen solid until I saw them moving.
IMG_1122 copy.jpg

Ask a Question