Nature & Wildlife Thread

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I walked up a local hill on Sunday, and spotted this Fallow Deer, just as she spotted me.
She stood motionless just long enough for me to capture a couple of shots before disappearing over the ridge.

23748876548_4ea92fc141_k.jpg

It was quite dark so the auto ISO bumped up to 2000 so apologies for the noise.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for sharing all your awesome shots!
smthumbup.gif

I wish one of you would come to my house and take shots of my fish, cause I sure don't know how to!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks everyone for sharing all your awesome shots!View attachment 105178
I wish one of you would come to my house and take shots of my fish, cause I sure don't know how to!

Gemma,

have you got a large glass vase or jar? One big enough o hold your mobile phone? Set your mobile phone's camera to record a video, put the phone into the vase, and put the vase into the water. Hold the vase so the phone is under the water level (obviously keep the top of the vase above the water level - you don't want it filling with water). You should get a good video of your fish that way.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for sharing all your awesome shots!View attachment 105178
Tape it to the side of a quart jar (inside!lol) , put the lid on tight and move it around taking pictures. Turn it on before you sink it lol.
Make sure the jar seam or words are not across the lens.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gemma,

have you got a large glass vase or jar? One big enough o hold your mobile phone? Set your mobile phone's camera to record a video, put the phone into the vase, and put the vase into the water. Hold the vase so the phone is under the water level (obviously keep the top of the vase above the water level - you don't want it filling with water). You should get a good video of your fish that way.
I actually got a submersible camera for Christmas last year, but never got around to learn how to set it up
This seems a lot easier, thanks for the Tip!
Tape it to the side of a quart jar (inside!lol) , put the lid on tight and move it around taking pictures. Turn it on before you sink it lol.
Make sure the jar seam or words are not across the lens.
This might seem like a dumb question, but how do you take pics if the phone is in the jar?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Burd You are a good critter helper and it shows so much that you have a deep love for them all. Amazing a vet would be able and willing to try to save that little bird :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Burd It makes me smile when I see people like you, that's when I know there's still hope in this crazy world!

Ask a Question