Neat YouTuber to watch: Serpadesign

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Good morning, Pond People! This isn't pond-specific, but I found some very fun videos on Youtube. They have fed my appetite for creative, nature-loving stuff on these dreary, cold days when the pond is asleep.

The young man's channel is called Serpadesign. I first heard of him through Ed the Pond Professor (Ed Beaulieu of Aquascape.) He makes some really neat environments! I have enjoyed seeing how he makes some mechanical retrofits using silicone, glue, and lighting gridwork.

This is definitely more related to aquarium hobby than to ponding but it's still very fun!!!!

Just a suggestion in case anyone is huddled with a cup of hot chocolate and looking for something to watch. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is definitely more related to aquarium hobby than to ponding but it's still very fun!!!!
I'm not so sure about that @bagsmom I love my mosses almost as much as anything else with the pond. Some areas where i have placed certain types of moss they have suffered and i move them to the next spot. There are not a lot of moss out there that can grow or even survive in direct sun light. but place it at the waters edge where the moss can have all the water it wants without being submerged and i'm lovin it. While some other types i have found completely submerged in the spring and in the sun it all depends on the moss and how you can substitute or get it to adapt to your design.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I'm not so sure about that @bagsmom I love my mosses almost as much as anything else with the pond. Some areas where i have placed certain types of moss they have suffered and i move them to the next spot. There are not a lot of moss out there that can grow or even survive in direct sun light. but place it at the waters edge where the moss can have all the water it wants without being submerged and i'm lovin it. While some other types i have found completely submerged in the spring and in the sun it all depends on the moss and how you can substitute or get it to adapt to your design.
Me too on the moss! I have some wonderful areas that have taken over the rocks - just beautiful!!!!! This guy is so talented. He makes me want to start a whole new hobby! (Thankfully, I don't have the budget to begin a new obsession.) :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Yeah this dude is the real deal. He does have two ponds though! A formal one in the backyard and one in the front installed by aquaescape.

Ask a Question