Need advice

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a picture of a drained pond in the home I just purchased. I have filled it and let the water level drop and it drops about 4 inches below the skimmer area. I have tried every method I can to figure out where it is leaking but unfortunately that will involve removing all of the rock and basically starting over. Those types of funds or some thing I just don’t have. Is there anyway at all where some type of padded liner could be put in around all of these rocks and then a EP DM liner or something put over that so that the pond could be used without rebuilding? I’m looking for some creative ideas and out of the box thinking that is not going to cost me thousands of dollars
FC89F145-5BED-484A-B621-E670A7D2F2E1.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is no more than a weekends worth of work to remove all those stones find the leak, as you just let the water level drop untill it stops and thats where the lowest leak will be then repair the leak "cheap money for a patch kit. fill the pond back up and let it drop again if it does theres leak number 2 etc etc.

Leaks are generally around the skimmer or waterfall

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a one person show and I’m an old woman, 53, lol. That’s a lot of work for just me

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it's not as much as you may think that's a small pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I know inflation is out of control, but I don't think there is anyway your repair will be thousands of dollars even if you hired a pond company to fix it. That's less than a day's work for someone who knows what they're doing.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Find a kid, landscaper etc to remove the rocks, just need a strong body for a hour or two. Then you could replace the liner yourself.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now folks this sounds awfully sexest.

I would not be surprised and actually would expect to see a 1500 dollar bill to start. If your in the south or Midwest. East or west coast I'd expect 2500.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Now folks this sounds awfully sexest.

I would not be surprised and actually would expect to see a 1500 dollar bill to start. If your in the south or Midwest. East or west coast I'd expect 2500.
Athletes building muscles are both genders! Hugs!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was also going to suggest reaching out to church groups, youth groups, neighborhood groups…..even some high schools near you (they might have access to/knowledge of people willing to help)! If you’re on FaceBook, that is a good way to start. There are lots of young folks out there looking for service hours, but even if not, they might work cheap.

I have a more rural friend who is ALWAYS doing renovation work on her property. I won’t mention the religion, but there is a church community in her area (that she is not affiliated with) that is always there to pitch in and help when she needs an extra few hands — all out of the goodness of their hearts. There really are people like that out there:love: You just have to ask.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you look hard enough you can find people to donate their time. I built a small addition for a couple decades ago where they already had three boys, in a very small ranch. The story was they wanted a little girl so bad they tried one more time , and got triplet's yet not one was a girl. You had to feel for them . The church put up the funds for materials we gave the backs to build it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One that is breaking every time I turn on the news . TV. Radio. The internet.

A co worker told me today his daughter on her 12 year old birthday just dropped a bomb on him as she can no longer be identified as a girl, female or even a woman.
WTH is wrong with people today!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ask a Question