Need advise on best clear tubing for aeratos .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7-A
I have owned a 3000 gal koi pond for 10 years and I have always had trouble with the 3/16" tubing that run my aerators. I use an Alita 15A air pump
which has plenty of power but in early spring I need to run new lines again as the clear ones I use have turned white and seem to be partially restricted.
Can anyone give me advice on the name of a good tubing and where I could purchase it from past experience. Thank You

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Try here

https://www.mcmaster.com/plastic-tubing

Select the first thing: Pipe tubing hose and fittings, then scroll down the page and look for "UV resistant soft plastic and rubber tubing for air and water" (the website won't allow a link to the specific page)

I used this tubing for outdoor, often submerged, pneumatic actuators. The stuff lasted for 6 years without degrading (we took the machine apart after that.)

Tubing generally degrades from sun exposure and sometimes (more rarely) elements in the water. In any case, find tubing marked as "UV resistant."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7-A
Try here

https://www.mcmaster.com/plastic-tubing

Select the first thing: Pipe tubing hose and fittings, then scroll down the page and look for "UV resistant soft plastic and rubber tubing for air and water" (the website won't allow a link to the specific page)

I used this tubing for outdoor, often submerged, pneumatic actuators. The stuff lasted for 6 years without degrading (we took the machine apart after that.)

Tubing generally degrades from sun exposure and sometimes (more rarely) elements in the water. In any case, find tubing marked as "UV resistant."
Thank you so much . I will definitely try that site. 6 years would be great

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
id go with black tubing no algae build up

Ask a Question