Need floating skimmer

Reaction score
I need to get a floating skimmer as I get too much debree in my pond everyday due to a tree right above it. My water has turnked redish due to all the junk that has fallen in that I didnt get out in time. I was thinking a skimmer that would just hook to my existing small inpond tetra pump but havent found one like that yet. Any recomendations?

This one has its own pump. There are others like this.

lg-72060-51450-51449-pond.jpg

I was sort of thinking one that I would just plumb to my ~350g/h pump so then it would go to the fines filter wich would get the pollon the skimmer didnt trap.
And I need one as the tree above it has the propellers and its making a mess of the pond even with me netting the stuff every day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here's are a couple more to look at.
No-Niche and Aquaskim.

Attachments

• noniche.jpg
    noniche.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 371
  • aquaskim.jpg
    aquaskim.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 367
Reaction score
basically looking for something like what I posted that is an in-pond skimmer that floats but has an external pump meening the pump at the bottom of my pond hooks to it. The No-Niche one is close but it is not 100% floating as it can only go up and down a certain amount and it needs 800gph which is less than I had so I may have to upgrade my pump or runn it to the bio figler rather than the fines. I think running it to my fines filter would be best...
Almost seems this is easy enough for a DIY...might have to break out the plastic welder. Really dont have time.

Reaction score
By the way, I got this delivered yesterday and threw it in and it cleared the pond in a half hour. Now I only have like 100sqft surface area, but I couldn’t be happier for $50.

Reaction score
Its like a bowl of cereal size. 5" across ~3" deep so it can hold a decent amount of junk but im sure during a wind storm would be too much debris, thou I think the water will find a way to get to it so the pump wont die. But I will be emptying it every day. Small stuff gets thru the basket and gets blocked by the filter media below it. To empty it I was sort of keeping it submerged as I pulled the basket out and then the filter media so that the stuff would not float out but kept water to the pump. More practice may be needed there. It will stay were you want it from the cord. It does do a good job of pulling things into it from all sides thou. Certain things don’t float for long so it will def be good to keep my pond clean. I will post more info and pics/videos, but again for $50 im happier than if I spend more on something that was bigger and didn’t work. I didn’t find much for product on the market so im definitely please its not just getting thrown in the trash. Hopefully it lasts.

Ask a Question