need help designing bio filter"skippy, doc" etc

Reaction score
Okay i have a 5000 gallon pond with a double waterfall koi, goldfish. The waterfall pump sits in a pondsweep skimmer box. With a leafbasket, 2 pads and water gets shot up the hill with a ebara dominator pump rated at 10000 gph, to a savio filtet falls box with another filter pad down the stream to another drop off into the pond. We also have a pressurized tetra filter at 4000gph which is not true. The pump sits in a diy prefilter ( trashcan) with hole in the bottom. So since the pond was built we have been through 2 pressurized store bought filters. The sun just tears them up. The current one is leaking out the top and sides. It was dug down in the ground. Right now i just stuck it in the pond so the pond doeant leak out. So my question is how can i build one large enough for the size. And since the whole pond is rocks, i dont want it to be a eyesoar either. I can post pics if that helps.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That looks like a very nice reef, not a pond lol

Reaction score
I am trying.
IMAG0147.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! and welcome to the group

welcomebirdsvg.gif

Take a look at the diy section, there are some good ideas on home made filters that work well

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Some have buried them, some have them above ground, but covered with rocks etc. Your rocks are beautiful

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You will get some more feedback as time goes on, I use bogs, not filters. But a lot have used filters and been able to hide them.

Ask a Question