Need help my koi ate a slug that had died of slug pellets! Will it die?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need help my koi ate a slug that had died of slug pellets! Will it die? My son threw a dead slug in the pond no realising the risks. I have recently used slug pellets to kill slugs and think that the slug died of slug pellets. The koi that ate the slug is around about 15 years old and around 15 inch long 7/8 lbs. Please help as soon as possible and with solutions

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Without knowing if, in deed, the slug died from the pellets and what pesticide was in the pellet, there is no way to determine the effects on the fish. Even so, it is too late for any remedial action, if any were possible.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need help my koi ate a slug that had died of slug pellets! Will it die? My son threw a dead slug in the pond no realising the risks. I have recently used slug pellets to kill slugs and think that the slug died of slug pellets. The koi that ate the slug is around about 15 years old and around 15 inch long 7/8 lbs. Please help as soon as possible and with solutions

24 hours on the fish is still alive but is not feeding is this a problem?

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think in this case I you should just keep posting what's going on and be specific. I doubt anyone here knows what to do if indeed there IS anything to be done in case of accidental ingestion of poison for fish. If you add as much info as possible about what the poison contained and how your possibly poisoned fish is reacting then future searches for such info will have some info to look at. Good luck.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep keep letting us know how the fish is doing. I am waiting and hoping it lives!
Maybe it's not hungry cuz it ate that big slug? Yuck to say the least!

Ask a Question