Need Help on choosing a stand alone filter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
I right now have the large biofalls filter for my pond thats approximately 4500-5000 gallons. I am looking to get another filter to aid in the biofalls. My water isnt green, its just brown and murky. I was looking at the Pondmaster 8000 UV. Does anybody have any insight on this? Is another filter necessary? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
To remove brown murky water Plants are very effective. Not the best filter but for an inexpensive filtration you can set DIY filter that would be far more effective for a lot less money. S/G filters in 55 gallon drums work very well, Bog filtration is most certainly an option, How about a skippy filter, easy to hide into the landscape. As for the Pondmaster. Just my personal opinion. Don't waste your money. Far better options out there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
What is Bog Filtration and also how can I make my own out of a 55 gallon drum?

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Bog filtration is when all the waste is deposited into a bog, which will become a stinking mess eventually and you will have to clean out. It's good if you like bog plants.

Your problem is you have a lot of suspended solids, probably from your natural water source. The only way to remove it is with a mechanical filter. I gave you two suggestions in your other thread.

DIY filters may not be your best choice in this case due to your experience level.

Ask a Question