Need help or idea of how to clear top water

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a pond pretty decent size with a bunch of green growth intop any ideas to get ride of it naturally or what type of fish would do the job ive read a lot on it just can't seem to figure out what type of fish to get.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
And is pond in sun or shade and temps. of water and do you test the water .A uv in combo wit quilt batting may help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
Koi and Goldfish will happily munch away on any algae growing in your pond. The bigger question is why is there more algae than the fish will consume. To be honest, this just seems like one of those years where everybody is having algae problems; the rest of my garden is growing like crazy too. My Facebook is blowing up with sad tales of people killing all of their fish trying to "cure" green water.
So to help us to help you we need to know thing like
  1. how much water you have,
  2. do you have waterfalls or fountains,
  3. what kind of filters and pumps,
  4. do you have a UV light and what size,
  5. Plants, floating, marginal and bog,
  6. How much mulm is on the bottom,
  7. how's your water quality, pH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, KH and GH (actual numbers),
  8. How much food do you feed, how often, size, number and type of fish,
  9. Do you do weekly water exchanges and other routine maintenance,
  10. pictures are always helpful!
There is a lot of ponding brain-power on this site, with the correct info and some patience, we'll figure it out.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it starts with the weird weather one day 90 degrees next day lucky it is 60 degrees and then all the rain .Last 3 nights here we have gotten heavy rain and severe thunder storms and there is one brewing right now here .Even my pond plants are not growing as good as last year .I looked at pics for june and my plants are about half the size of last year .Even the water hyacinth I took out of the basement in the stock tank with miracle grow are not growing like last year .Lots of rain but plants also need sun .

Ask a Question