Need help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone i am new here and need help with 2 things for my hoselock easyclear 3000.
1.I changed the bulb as it was black and blown but now when i put my new one in i carnt test it to see if it works is there a way to test it
2 it is under ther water and i read up that i should take it out in winter is this true but i rap it up and insulate the side of it as its a raised pond and only about 50gallen
thank you any help is usefull thank you again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20220805_161310.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

Very pretty pond. I don't use uv lights so can't help.
Does it freeze where you are?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Cute! I have a Kim’s Pond too. It’s probably working, and you should see a glow light indicator when it’s dark. The great folks on this forum convinced me to put plants in my pond to control algae, and it works like a dream!

7EEF2FF4-814B-45A2-AC62-64A1A711235B.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum!

Very pretty pond. I don't use uv lights so can't help.
Does it freeze where you are?
Not really as i rap it up in bubble rap and insulate around side and filter on to keep water moving im in uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cute! I have a Kim’s Pond too. It’s probably working, and you should see a glow light indicator when it’s dark. The great folks on this forum convinced me to put plants in my pond to control algae, and it works like a dream!

View attachment 153238
Can u tell me some them names please as i only got obe plant so far and my bulb is working but still green a bit so hopefully in couple days its clear but still getting plants lol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 153238
And what u feeding your fish i feed mine like little green round things like bb bullets lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
My plants include cyperus, taro, Louisiana iris, corkscrew rush, butterfly ginger, and mint. They are on shelves or plant stands with their tops about an inch below the water line. If you do a search for plants on this forum you’ll get other ideas. What kind of fish and how many do you have?

Ask a Question