Need help with holes drilled in walls

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi⭐️ Does anyone live in the Plano Texas area? We have a fountain with xl goldfish. It used to have massive butterfly koi but they got to big & I gave them to someone with a large pond……miss them!……. Anywho, We hired a guy to change out the exterior tile for cosmetic reasons & he drilled holes around the base & it leaks everywhere. Need to hire someone to repair! It’s roughly a 8x8 - 1/2 octagon , Would like to reduce it to a 5 x 8 rectangle. Anybody interested in the job? Probably about a four day project. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi⭐️ Does anyone live in the Plano Texas area? We have a fountain with xl goldfish. It used to have massive butterfly koi but they got to big & I gave them to someone with a large pond……miss them!……. Anywho, We hired a guy to change out the exterior tile for cosmetic reasons & he drilled holes around the base & it leaks everywhere. Need to hire someone to repair! It’s roughly a 8x8 - 1/2 octagon , Would like to reduce it to a 5 x 8 rectangle. Anybody interested in the job? Probably about a four day project. Thanks a bunch in advance!
@Chelle Belle if I’m not mistaken, you recently posted this same question. But the message thread that you have posted to here is many years old, and I doubt that anyone is following it. Have you Googled pond services in your area, or posted to a local FaceBook group? Maybe, if you reposted this as a new, separate thread, “Looking for pond repair in Plano, TX area,” or something like that. I know that we do have a few members from that area, but not sure who is still active.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
This group is not super large, so I doubt you would come across anyone who could help you with that, but like Mmathis said, google is your friend, and posting in a local Facebook group could procure some results.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think I'd be of a mind to make the guy who drilled the holes find someone to fix his dumb mistake. Who drills holes in something that's designed to hold WATER?

Anyway - @Chelle Belle here's an answer for you from @texmaster !
leaks are a lot harder to fix when you create more of them!

this is what our Patrol did to the LAST pond contractor that 'drilled holes' in the Castle pond; duct taped him over the leaking part. Problem solved.

last contractor.jpg

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
leaks are a lot harder to fix when you create more of them!

this is what our Patrol did to the LAST pond contractor that 'drilled holes' in the Castle pond; duct taped him over the leaking part. Problem solved.

View attachment 147257
Don’t worry, no one was actually taped to the inside of a pond….. I think… I dearly hope.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Don’t worry, no one was actually taped to the inside of a pond….. I think… I dearly hope.
we take our moat patrol duties seriously, here FishGuy!!! No messing with the mojitas without enlistment! ;):D:eek::oops::rolleyes::)

hey, he had a good time, trust me! Until Dime informed him the gators had arrived in the mail...now, THAT wasn't pretty...

[AMTi interjection]; what can I say? Do as GB has done or j.w and her creepy creeping jenny and you'll love your pond borders! Not to mention, the fish will naturally trim it back nicely! I routinely see my fish pulling at the cj on my waterfalls that makes it to the water line.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Chelle Belle Are you still around? Did you follow up on the business that our member from Texas provided? We would love to know how things worked out for you, so please don’t leave us hanging.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
we take our moat patrol duties seriously, here FishGuy!!! No messing with the mojitas without enlistment! ;):D:eek::oops::rolleyes::)

hey, he had a good time, trust me! Until Dime informed him the gators had arrived in the mail...now, THAT wasn't pretty...

[AMTi interjection]; what can I say? Do as GB has done or j.w and her creepy creeping jenny and you'll love your pond borders! Not to mention, the fish will naturally trim it back nicely! I routinely see my fish pulling at the cj on my waterfalls that makes it to the water line.
creepy creeping jenny LOL

Ask a Question