Need help with Pond Netting

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
I am looking for the tightest woven pond net they make. I want it to be tight enough to catch falling pine needles. I dont have much knowledge on the nets and dont know how they categorize the size of the holes. If someone could give me a measurement in pond talk so I can order online that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
The one from the pond outlet seems really nice. Id love to have the 1/8" netting but for the size I need would cost over $400 and theres no way im paying that for a net
I have to search for a cheaper 1/8" net. I have net now that stops leaves from entering the pond but the leaves still get caught in the netting pretty good. The pine needles just shoot right through. My pond is located at the base of my woods surrounded by trees. Periodically I would blow the net off with my leaf blower last year but it wouldnt blow off the leaves caught up in the netting. If I had 1/8" netting, everthing would sit directly on top of the net and easily be able to be blown off by the leaf blower

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You want what they call 6mm hexmesh it has small mesh and keeps all but the finest out we used to use it but the net wore out after 6 seasons .
We didnt bother replacing it this time around after loosing the paranoia after we had a jumper our first season out doors ,it also had a bungee strap back bone which alowed it to be pulled exta tight on two kleats the circumference of the net was also similarily bungee straped that allowed you to tighten up around the circumference of the pond allowing no preditors in , so it had nummerous uses to us .
1) it kept preditors like herons at bay being such a fine mesh.
2) it kept all but determind preditors out.
3) it kept our fish in the pond by acting as a high strung safety net.
4) it kept leaves off the ponds surface .
4) it could be left in place during the winter under the policarbonate roofing sheets .

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
You want what they call 6mm hexmesh it has small mesh and keeps all but the finest out we used to use it but the net wore out after 6 seasons .
We didnt bother replacing it this time around after loosing the paranoia after we had a jumper our first season out doors ,it also had a bungee strap back bone which alowed it to be pulled exta tight on two kleats the circumference of the net was also similarily bungee straped that allowed you to tighten up around the circumference of the pond allowing no preditors in , so it had nummerous uses to us .
1) it kept preditors like herons at bay being such a fine mesh.
2) it kept all but determind preditors out.
3) it kept our fish in the pond by acting as a high strung safety net.
4) it kept leaves off the ponds surface .
4) it could be left in place during the winter under the policarbonate roofing sheets .

Dave

Dave. Thank you...where can I get a 25'x25' peice of the hexmesh? I just did a little Google research and only found places selling it by the yard in rolls and a place in the UK selling pond sized peices. Is there a place is the states that sells 25'x25' pieces?

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
The one from the pond outlet seems really nice. Id love to have the 1/8" netting but for the size I need would cost over $400 and theres no way im paying that for a net
I have to search for a cheaper 1/8" net. I have net now that stops leaves from entering the pond but the leaves still get caught in the netting pretty good. The pine needles just shoot right through. My pond is located at the base of my woods surrounded by trees. Periodically I would blow the net off with my leaf blower last year but it wouldnt blow off the leaves caught up in the netting. If I had 1/8" netting, everthing would sit directly on top of the net and easily be able to be blown off by the leaf blower

If the stuff Dave mentioned is not available then the link I included has a net that is 28 ft x 45 ft for $47.99. I would try to get the stuff Dave mentioned first because he is definitely much smarter than I am as far as Koi anything goes. Hope it works out for you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dave. Thank you...where can I get a 25'x25' peice of the hexmesh? I just did a little Google research and only found places selling it by the yard in rolls and a place in the UK selling pond sized peices. Is there a place is the states that sells 25'x25' pieces?
You need to email the company that put together our net in the design we wanted for it :-

http://www.norfinenets.co.uk/view-product.php?index=338935410

They also do a 2.5mm net see webpage
I'm not sure if they export but you can but ask ?

Dave

Ask a Question