Need Help With Pond Setup

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and my first thread. I built my pond several years ago and kinda lost interest, and has been sitting around without any fish for the last two years. Now finally, i want to redo my setup. Just some basic information about my pond. Its around 3000 gallons with a simple three stage waterfall.

My plans for this coming week is to add two barrel filters. I made a rough diagram on paper and scanned it on my scanner so i posted it along with this thread. Please let me know if this will work out. Also i am planning on buying a UV from ebay, its a 36 Watt UV, hopfully this will keep my pond clear from algae. Ofcoarse, i will be doing a water change. Can any experts on here chime in and give me some pointers. I plan to raise koi so i want a good setup.

Now my main concern is whether i have everthing setup the right way. Should i hook the pump up to the UV then to the Lava Rock filter then to the Matala filter or should this be the other way around. Please help.

Thanks
Alvin

PondSetup.jpg

Reaction score
I have pictures on photobucket, how do i post those images on here. i tried on here but am unable to.

PondSetup.jpg

Ask a Question