Need oppinion on a system:

Reaction score
We use alot of solar lights, deck step lights, spots in the front garden, motion senser spot light, and lights around the pond. I'm happy with the performance of all of them.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I would still think you would be better off with a small low wattage pump..

Robyn

A Ponder-ing Newbie
Reaction score
OK. Is the money saving worth it for the solar lights and all? I am sure the pump and filtration for the 13,000 gallon pond is gonna run up the electric bill as it is.

Reaction score
I haven't used any solar products in about 5 years but there were a few things I disliked about solar lighting. 1.They still work on batteries that needed to be changed at times(I think they were rechargeable but not sure)& 2.Changing the batteries was a nightmare not to mention finding bulbs for the lights. I've used 2 different brands & they lasted only 2 years & the liaghting was poor. Maybe that technology has changed over time, but I did not think that solar technology was for me. I like the idea of solor but I don't know if we have improved the technology for 24/7 useage. Just my opinion. Not to say solar should not be given a look at. DrCase, you have indicated that you use or like solar, what kind (brand name) do you have?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have a lot of solar lighting and find them pleasant. That said, most are very inexpensive and are there for appearance only. A pond requires a system that can be relied upon to work continuously, I would never depend on solar devices for this unless I personally designed the system and built in safeguards.

Ask a Question