Need Referral in Frisco TX area

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a very large 10ft deep by 25 foot long and about 8 feet deep pond built in our house. We would like to make it much less deep and upgrade the equipment. Unfortunately I cannot find a reasonable and honest pond builder in Frisco TX area that has the knowledge to work with the existing pond to make it right. I am hoping someone here will refer us a person that understand pond construction well enough to help us move forward as we have many little kids in the house and it is very dangerous.
Thank you,

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I saw custom made wire mesh covers that you can stand on .I saw one made like a spider web and had spiders even made for on it .It was on you tube .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
You may have to look outside the Frisco area to find a qualified contractor. Depending on travel time involved, this could get expensive. Might be better to 'child-proof' the pond as @sissy suggested.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you could maybe find someone to build one like it .I also saw one that used cattle panels

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
2 people I don't think it would be to hard .You could also lift one side and use a board to hold it up .Work on pond take board out and then lower it back in place .You could also have them weld pieces of metal onto it that would work the same

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He's in the UK and here is his site info. He uses zinc to coat the metal to stop it from rusting. Oh boy here we go now. Bet not enough zinc hopefully will effect the pond fish. He does amazing work!
http://elitepondcovers.co.uk/

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If the pond is truly 25 feet long/wide (the description is a little hard to follow) a cover that size would be quite difficult to handle I would think. The video shows him making a cover that looks like it would fit more like an 8 foot long pond.

And making the pond shallower sounds good in theory, but in all reality a child can drown in 18 inches of water in the wrong circumstances. I would work on finding a way to child proof the pond like you would a pool - and teach the kids to respect the rules regarding the pond.

I know none of this answers your question @Frisco_Koi - post some pictures of what you're dealing with and perhaps we can offer some good suggestions on upgrading your pond equipment at least!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Just discovered the Frisco is part of the Greater Dallas-Ft. Worth Metro area. There should be no shortage of quality Water Feature Contractors in this quite large urban area.
Have you checked with the BBB?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can powder coat them also .My son does all this kind of stuff at the shop to detail trucks and got his welders license ,never sure what license he will get next .I asked him last night if he can make me a giant spider web yard art .Scare the heck out of the real spiders ,maybe .Any good welder can do these and figure it out .I am not sure the cost ,it could be expensive .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My hubby is a welder..............................dare I ask him
upload_2017-9-8_8-35-37.gif

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really appreciate the responses folks. I would love to consider all the options, but my question still remains, I need someone who knows what they are doing in DFW area. I will post some pictures few days for reference but meanwhile any referrals will be appreciated.

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
I live relatively close to you in McKinney, TX. I think Water Gardens Galore in Dallas might know some reputable professionals.

Ask a Question