8a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I did! I can see my phone in the pc default settings, but no matter what action I chose, nothing happened!...Yes I did click "save"
Right click the phone and select run as admin

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You all need to switch to Apple products. :ROFLMAO: (Ducking now!)
Pretty much what I was telling my wife after reading this thread ad nauseum. I learned 'patience' basically by trying to 'fix' my mom's pc via phone. Probably took 10 years off my life...and my wife used to be pc but when her comp crapped out the last time, I told her I wouldn't be available to 'fix' anything so decide wisely...she's STILL using her 7 year-old iMac and I've never had to 'fix' anything. Not even a re-install. And I know Macs have issues but seriously; drivers? bios's? directories?

Okay, I'll stand in front of you Lisa when the tomatoes start comin'...

Michael

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We could swap to apple, would cost some bucks................would need to replace a whole bunch of stuff.

I had one of the first Mac's good old SE cost my husband at the time, $4000.00

Ended up windows driven since mac's would not let me dial into our department computer system that I was in charge of babysitting.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
First of all thank you all that try helping me (or anyone else), you are what makes this the great Forum that it is!

now I totally drained my battery trying to figure this out!

@IPA following your link it says .. "Pull down the status bar to display the notification panel. You will see either Transferring media files via USB, Transferring images via USB, Connecting MIDI devices via USB, or Charging via USB."
I see nothing like that!

When I connect the phone to the pc via USB cable and pull down the menu, this is what I got: Home-D801...Sound....Bluetooth...Auto rotate...Airplane mode..Calling plus.....Flashlight....power saving.....Performance mode....Hotspot.....Blue light filter...secure folder
That's it!
Right click the phone and select run as admin
I do not see that option

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
You all need to switch to Apple products. :ROFLMAO: (Ducking now!)
Pretty much what I was telling my wife after reading this thread ad nauseum. I learned 'patience' basically by trying to 'fix' my mom's pc via phone. Probably took 10 years off my life...and my wife used to be pc but when her comp crapped out the last time, I told her I wouldn't be available to 'fix' anything so decide wisely...she's STILL using her 7 year-old iMac and I've never had to 'fix' anything. Not even a re-install. And I know Macs have issues but seriously; drivers? bios's? directories?

Okay, I'll stand in front of you Lisa when the tomatoes start comin'...

Michael

Or they could just switch to Mac with a virtual machine.
That way you run both operating systems at once.
I use Parallels, the integration is seamless. Both Mac and Windows icons are in the same dock (taskbar)
http://www.parallels.com/ca/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
East side seirra's 4500' high desert. Gets to 20's some teens.
Country
United States
Starting to dislike computers period. The phone is my servant, reluctant to use a keyboard anymore.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We've used Parallels - we had a tax program that ran on Windows that my husband needed - it works fine, but we run it on Mac hardware. It wouldn't solve much if the hardware is the problem.

The only issue we had with it was our printer drivers and bluetooth devices wouldn't always work on both sides. A wired mouse and keyboard, no problem. But we use all wireless add ons.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Starting to dislike computers period. The phone is my servant, reluctant to use a keyboard anymore.
I can't type on phones, makes my hands hurt too bad. Even tables don't work with them, so stuck with a lappy, I bought this lappy since it was rated very highly..................well it does has issues, but maybe I can keep it limping along. And now I back up all constantly.

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I use my iPhone almost exclusively (except at work, haha). I don't like the plus, for me the 6 is the perfect size but I am near sighted so I guess that makes a difference. My girlfriend who is far sighted has more trouble with the iPhone, does have large text, and uses her iPad when at home. I bought a low end Galaxy Tab and hate it compared to the iPhone. I'd probably like it better if it wasn't the low end model. This forum has a mobile format which is very friendly.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wish I could use my phone, I do occasionally when traveling and I don't feel like hot spotting my lappy. But my hands hurt bad after a few posts. That fine type of motion is a killer to them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We've used Parallels - we had a tax program that ran on Windows that my husband needed - it works fine, but we run it on Mac hardware. It wouldn't solve much if the hardware is the problem.

The only issue we had with it was our printer drivers and bluetooth devices wouldn't always work on both sides. A wired mouse and keyboard, no problem. But we use all wireless add ons.

I don't think Gemma's problem is the hardware for certain. Sometimes Win 10 powers down usb ports without any warning. Apple's iPhoto would pick up the pictures off her phone much easier.
If the phone is the problem, then you';re right, a mac won't help.

I'm not sure how up to date your Parallels is, but I've had it for about 10 years and each update makes great improvements.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had the same problem with downloading photos to my laptop. This thread started me searching again and came across the same solution of pulling down the usb menu. It worked , however, when I download my photos i get game graphics as well. 20-30 photos and 500+ graphics! Any idea of whats up with that? Eventually just going to replace phone as there are other problems.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have been waiting for the note 8 . since I had to return the note 7. But not getting it, it won't work with the new fast T-Mobile net.
So looking at the new lg30 when it comes our.

Ask a Question