Need some advice on finding a leak...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys just looking for some advice .... it seems like I may have a leak In my koi pond. Here's some history pond was built professionally by previous homeowner I own pond now for four years it has an aquascape skimmer and biofalls.
Last year I found a leak at the waterfall and after research found the hardware failing, removed all bolts and replaced with stainless steel bolts(I did not replace silicone noobie mistake) leak stopped. I ran pump and waited for water to level out and thought the hardware on the skimmer might be going bad. I Replaced all hardware with stainless and sealed with new sealant this time and after a a while I started pump only to find out 10 hours later I lost almost an inch of water. Shut down pump and let sit static and pond held water for 24 hours with no loss. Turned pump on again and lost the same amount of water almost 1 in in 10 hours. I have a check valve on biofalls and when off the water sits above the waterfall hardware and water stayed there with out leaking out... I examined as best I could around waterfall as best I can dir to slot of rock work but I do not see any water on the wrong side of the liner...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You've done all the right things to isolate the leak. Sounds like it's definitely in either the plumbing or the waterfall itself. Check carefully for low edges or rocks that may have slipped and are directly water out of the pond. Post some pictures of your pond - we may be able to point to some areas you want to check.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I get leaks off and on in my stream and waterfalls. The rocks shift, a tiny bit of water is wandering out and into the ground. The smallest leak can cause a good water loss.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found it seems like something chewed my liner water was leaking in front of bio falls... looks like I was able to repair it
20190717_094837.jpg

Attachments

• 20190717_094837.jpg
    20190717_094837.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 20190717_095920.jpg
    20190717_095920.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 196

Ask a Question