Need some help with restricting a pump.

Reaction score
I built a 3 tier deck pond and I am having problems with the pump I have installed. The problem is that when the water flows into the top preformed pond if there is no wind and the moon is just right the water is at a perfect level and there is no overflow over the sides. When it finds a way and the surface tension hits the edge that is not the waterfall edge it starts to flow over the top of the preformed pond in an area that I do not want this to happen. It's a small amount but would add up to a couple of gallons in a days period. I think i just need to find away to restrict the pump a little bit. I just can not think of an easy way to do this and is it bad for the pump? It's a 2100 GPH pump and I would hate to get another one because the flow rate is perfect. The top pond is leveled. It seems kind of random where the overflow will happen just wherever the surface tension breaks and it starts. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

TL/DR
Need Ideas to restrict my pump flow by about 50 gph!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just in case you can add a ball valve ti the outward flow of the pump and make adjustments with it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Just in case you can add a ball valve ti the outward flow of the pump and make adjustments with it.
Or you can buy purpose built restrictors from any fish outlet you then cut them to the size you want and attach so just to be on the safe side buy a few cut them down to varoius circumferences and see which one works , they cost at most $4.00 each :cool:

Dave;)

Ask a Question