Need some ideas on plant bags

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I've seen a couple of people have plants in bags tied to the side of the pond.

Where are you getting these bags? I have a shelf that the diggers made too diagonal and the plants are falling off of it to the bottom of the pond and the koi is digging at the root making it worse. Need idea to bag up the iris so it won't keep floating off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Someone on here did it with scraps of liner.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can add tie strings or make an extra long tail on the window screening .I have had success with it because koi used to destroy my plants and the window screening solved that problem .I even use them to hang plants in my stock tank
100_8742.JPG
100_8743.JPG
100_8745.JPG
101_0430.JPG
101_0443.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thank you all but ideas come from desperation sometimes .I needed plants and extra window screening came from making the floating islands

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It can be any shape you want .I just cut a strip for those fold up the bottom part up about 8 inch's and sew it on my sewing machine ..I set a rock on top of the tail to hold it up .I have made them all sizes ,even with square bottoms

Reaction score
I have plants that like to move, so I tie them up with fishing line and add a weight to the line. For the ones on the shelves I have found that the pots that want to float around can be weighed down by rocks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Great idea using the nylon window screen!
I use plant bags I bought on Amazon. They come in various sizes are very slightly perforated and have a drawstring. They sit very nicely on my shelves. I did tie strings around them to hold them just in case.
I also have floating nets from Amazon that prevent the fish from eating certain floating plants. These have a styrofoam ring around them.

Ask a Question