Need to buy new or used

Reaction score
Hello all
I am rebuilding my second 5,000 gallon pond soon !
I am looking for a Little Giant pump or good name brand pump that is low amps 110 volts and pump about 4,300 gph or more ! Also need a good Skimmer also If you have any of this please Pm me I Live in Alabama
Thanks Greg :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I'm a believer in savio skimmers. The way they are designed you can catch all the leaves and larger debris in the leaf basket. The fish can freely swim in and out and don't get trapped in the skimmer and die. Then the water goes through a matala prefilter, this helps keep the load on your Bio-fliter less since the system doesn't have to break down as much waste. As far as pumps, Little Giant pumps are good pumps, so are Danner pumps. IMO, I prefer to use two pumps over one, That way if one should go out you still have a second to keep things running until you can replace the one that has gone bad. Murphy's law, If a pump is going to go out it will go out after everything closes and or when funds are low for a replacement!!!!! lol

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you will be hard pressed to find a better pump (submersable) than a Laguna for electrical savings and long term service. and a 4 year warranty is their standard. they have smart sensor technology that adjusts current draw to best meet the needs of the pumps max water flow at lowest power draw possible.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well at least if your pump does go out if you have an air pump putting oxygen in the pond that will at least by you some time .

Reaction score
Thanks for your advise I will be using 2 pumps with 2 bottom drains !
I am thinking of concrete walls & bottom & want to also know whats the best thing to seal it off with as my ground here is very low & have had it with run off & sides caving in on me So I think its time to do a better rebuild ! Have a 4000 gallon swiming pool up & ready to move kois in when it cools off a bit more here have pumps running & filters on pool now so i can do it Asap
Thanks to all Greg

Reaction score
I run a Laguna MaxFlow 2900. Great pump and the prefilter works well at keeping it from clogging. I can't find my Kill-A-Watt meter or I would post what the cost is a month.

Harbor freight has a very similar looking pump. Not sure on the power cost tho.

Ask a Question