Need waterfall redo ideas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This waterfall doesn't look natural at all. What can i add to give it a somewhat natural look?

Attachments

• 20190530_134650.jpg
    20190530_134650.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 205
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Add a tumble of rocks of various sizes. It’ll slow the flow at first, I’d go for several large flatfish ones to hide where water comes out, then just mix sizes from fist sized to just big enough to not get pushed by water. You could even find like some of the lava type with bigger holes in it to put a few small plants into.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Add some rocks to the stream. Or add some wood - a piece of a limb laying across it would soften it up and add some interest. You could also add some rocks on top so it doesn't look so flat. We built our pondless with a spillway for the waterfall - we added rocks and then plants on the top to camouflage the "flat" look. I stuck a plastic tray (like you would put under a potted plant to catch water) between the rocks, added some dirt and planted the plants right on top of the rocks.

Here's a photo from this spring before the plants started to grow (and bonus - ducks!) :

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Great ideas.I was looking for real drift wood but could not find any.Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
pretty pond,
Can you get some additional height for more water falling? Are you looking for more turbidity? or water volume?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Add some of the side rocks to the waterfall, different sizes, also extend some out to the sides, beyond the edge you have there.
Some pieces of wood. I have creeping Charlie that has rooted along side of some of my waterfalls, the plants grow out into the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have creeping Charlie that has rooted along side of some of my waterfalls, the plants grow out into the water.

Also a great idea! Get some plants along the edges of the waterfall so you see less rock and you'll love the look!

Reaction score
It looks like the two flat stones are too long for the falls. Can you get smaller stones and raise them higher and I think it would look better with stones on each side of the flat stone, something to frame the waterfall. What is going on around the pond? To look more natural you could plant a bush to make it look like the waterfall is coming out from somewhere and not just spouting out from the ground. Here is a neighbors pond
lawson pond 4.JPG

Ask a Question