needed: Aerator for 2k pond

Reaction score
Like to pick up a good used aerator for my pond. Need something around 60l/min I guess. (Is that right?) An aerator suitable for a 2k-gal pond with a 3 foot deep area.

Thanks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
check out e-bay also I got mine there around 40 dollars 5.8 psi but you may need commercial grade aeration hose or a larger aeration device

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can do that but I notice that the more air you put into the pond the less algae you get .My pond is crystal clear and the only thing that happened to my pond is a bag of the oyster shells in panty hose broke open and are now all over the bottom of the pond .I have sense found mesh bags at the dollar store

Reaction score
I was wondering about aerator capacities too. I had absolutely no idea, but since I have a large pond, I bought one of the largest (affordable) models I could find. 160 liter /minute and 0.030MPa. It comes with a "splitter" to attach 16 airstones .

It arrived earlier this week, but with a crucial nipple missing, so I can currently only use thin 4-6mm air hoses that I suspect are way too long (10+ meter each). I attached 2 airstones in my biofilter for now. I have to say, Im surprised how relatively little air is coming out, especially for the noise its making. Boy is it loud. Also the pressure it produces seems... minimal. I can easily block airflow by holding my finger to it. Not quite what I was expecting from a large, loud, 105W compressor.

Then again I suppose I had no idea what to expect, and Ill rejudge it when I can use thicker airhoses and larger airstones. The stones Im using now is essentially for an aquarium. I have bigger discs and tubes Ill put in when the missing nipple arrives.

FWIW, I got this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180643668043&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Also, the manual says it requires earthing. Its currently in a socket without earthing, but I kinda doubt that would impact how it works.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats the one I got but 55 watts and mine put out so much air I can not believe it I got a weighted air hose though and put it across the bottom of the pond and that is better with putting the air out I turned off some of the outlets and have one running to the pond and one to each filter not sure mine is the same name as yours but looks similar

Reaction score
I had barely posted the above when my nipple arrived and I have to take it all back. I now connected a large air disc to the pump using a 10-12mm line, put the disc in my pond and my entire pond looks like a bubblebath lol.

Reaction score
Here it is in action:
sdc10608n.jpg

May not look like it, but its over 1 meter deep as it is now (thats what, over 3 foot).

sdc10609r.jpg

Also dont mind all the stuff I threw in, just wanted to give my new small koi some hiding places as long as the pond isnt full.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You will see your water get clearer too as more oxygen in the water does not give algae a chance to grow my water is clear.This pic was from yesterday

Attachments

• pond 009.jpg
    pond 009.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 306

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The white stuff on the bottom is a bag of oyster shells that broke made one mess but going to leave it koi seem to like rooting in it lol

Reaction score
I know it looks different on the pic, but my water is pretty much indistinguishable from bottled water. Not too surprising since 80% of it is tap water atm. What you see is the waves caused by the airpump and reflections from the surrounding trees.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
maybe you need a bag of broken shells on the bottom to brighten it up a bit .I like the effect the shells look on he bottom of my pond .I forgot your pond had trees all around it and what air disc did you use .I like the weighted air hose ,but I like the effect your air disc is giving off

Reaction score
the form of my pond makes it impossible to put anything on the bottom. it isnt flat anywhere, so everything just slides to the center over time. To get any sort of effect Id need hundreds or thousands of kilo's of anything, and even then it would only cover a tiny part of the deepest part of the pond. One reason I wish I had thought of painting it when I still had the chance. Now Im just hoping the concrete will turn green over time :D.

Ask a Question