Nervous moment

Reaction score
Woke yesterday to see my pond water down 2inchs, didn't have time to check it out (late for work), then when I got home it was down another 2 inchs and here a am thinking the worst, oh no iv got a hole! Frustration levels rising, I planned so well how could there be a leak! Then...
As I walk around the pond I see the culprit, a leaf off a Bush Jem plant I use to hide the filter outlet was running water right off the top of the rock and off the side of the waterfall! I couldn't believe so much water could run off that, but a day later, no loss of water.
Lesson learnt, keep straying plant leaves away from running water!

2c1b4b54.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have had the same, a leaf, a twig, a rock moves a little, tiny piece of algae lol, I just found a leak, small, in the bog, honey was down helping me stepped on the edge between the pond and bog, pushed a piece of the liner down (one area not quite done) and the water was dripping out. I saw the damp dirt and started looking lol. I have learned to always look for damp dirt.

Glad it was not the liner with a hole! and glad you found it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Me too had a frog water spitter also that the fish moved ever so slightly enough to hit a small rock and run off the edge and that happened just 3 days ago ,It is funny one little thing and I could not figure out whey I was loosing water and kept thinking it was evaporation or gosh forbid a leak

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Whew I can just envision that panic on your face and glad all is well now. Hasn't happened to me..................yet!

Reaction score
Glad you had an easy find/fix~! I had a similar experience as well. I have a very small pond, and, the other day I went out in the morning, and it was 8" down. I knew the dogs couldn't have drank that much over night, but, was at a loss for a reason. That afternoon, figured it out. The daily bay breeze we get came in, and, inflated the "bell" shape my fountain makes to the point where it was going over the side of the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep have had that happen too the fountain head water wind spray I call it .

Ask a Question