Nervous Newbie

Reaction score
Just got into a home that has an impressive backyard. Complete with a good sized pond. It has a waterfall & a dozen or so large fish. I'm fairly certain they're Koi of some type. Most are about 2 feet long. It has plants a filtration system along with some sort of ultra violet light thing. I really don't know anything other than to feed them a couple times a day & clean the skimmer weekly. I've stumbled onto this site in search of support. Once I figure out a few things like how to put pictures on here I'll have lots of questions. Oh by the way I'm in southern California.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wekcome RobT! Your new pond sounds great! It is SO much fun you will become addicted to this! ;)
This is a really good bunch of people who really know about pond-ing--- very helpful to me as I am new at this also!
Look forward to seeing your pics!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome!

It does sound like you have koi, from the length you've described. The UV light is used to kill some types of algae in the water. They are good for about one year, or one season, and lose their effectivenss after that time.

I look forward to pictures. Tell us more about the filtration set up if you can. Kim

Reaction score
Welcome!!!! I was hoping someone would answer your question on how to post pictures. If they would explain it in steps that a dummy like me could understand I would greatly appreciate it. I think if you can post pictures it will increase your enjoyment on this site. If someone answers her question PLEASE make it simple so I can benefit from your answer as well. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Posting Pictures is pretty easy. When you reply or start a topic, you will see just to the right of the Post button another button that say More Reply Options. Click it, and then click on Choose files, pick your picture and then double click on it. Once it is loaded, click on add to post. Please post any other problems you have so we can help out. And most importantly, Welcome to the forum :claphands:​

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
1) First, you have to upload a picture to an image hoster like www.tinypic.com
2) When you click on Reply, you will see the following screen come up. Hit the button that the red arrow is pointing to. It will bring up a box. Just copy and paste the location of where you uploaded your picture to.

2lo6n44.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome aboard! :)

You can also directly upload photos to the forum - when you are in the topic, click on 'More reply options' and beneath the text box you'll see 'Attach Files'. Simply pick which photos you want to upload and follow the on screen instructions. If you do have any problems please let me know!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
DAVE I think you can also take a screen shot (on MAC= hold down command and shift and hit 4) that shot goes to your desktop--- then follow the same procedure as noted by Becky and others.....
K :)

Ask a Question