New addition to the family!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My husband and I read a story on the news last week about a elderly guy who tried to rescue Chihuahuas. Long story short he ended up with over a 140 Chihuahua mixes (after a lot of uncontrolled breeding) and called for help from animal control. He could not afford to take care of them.

So my husband and I drove the hour drive today to the county north of us where the animal shelter is that took them in. All were gone and they had only a couple dogs for adoption. So we drove back down to Salt Lake county where we live and went to our local animal shelter that had many dogs up for adoption.

We found a 5 yo Chihuahua mix that had been transferred from an LA animal shelter here back 2010. Then he was adopted out to a family who a couple weeks ago put him in a crate with food and water and left him in a gutter where animal control found him.

He is a very sweet little guy. Just happy as can be. Sweet with the cats (who have been threatening to kill him) and good with our other Chihuahua (who has been threatening to kill him). He has just been playing, running and all around just enjoying himself. I honestly have never seen such a happy dog. I think he is trying to figure out why our other Chihuahua and cat are so angry since they have it so good.

My husband said he is his dog and I have to ask before holding him since he is afraid I will turn him bratty like our other Chihuahua LOL

Here is little Carlos, named after Gunnery Sgt Carlos Hathcock USMC (My retired Gunny USMC husband named him :) )

DSCN3189.jpg

Here is tuckered out after his big day.

Image11262012185931.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ohhhh I wish I was near there I would take 2 cuties .I have been trying to adopt 1 or 2 for a year and they won't let me because of this big mean pitbull i have ,so mean it's pathetic

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's not nice Sissy, he is a sweet boy. You can see his big heart in the pictures. Good luck getting another Chihuahua.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was supposed to go look at 2 applehead chihuahua's the day my hubby had his heart attack so I lost out there .Called the lady but someone else had taken them and she wished i had called but she understood .They were both a year old .I was sad :sad: and so was hubby ,I just forgot about them .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you got him Pecan and he will be spoiled in no time just like the other pets. They'll all be pals soon enough :razz:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So glad you guys adopted him, how darn cute, one lucky dog

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This morning has been fun. We have a baby gate we used with Leo to keep him where we wanted him in the house till he was potty trained so we put that back up and Carlos jumped right over. Then I let the two little ones out back and Carlos ran up to the pond that had a thin layer of ice and jumped over the edge like he thought it was solid. Splash the little dog went swimming and climbed out as fast as he could.

So I rush to let them in to warm the little guy up and he takes off down the road into the neighbors yard. I am chasing him in my pj's and little Leo is right at my heal wondering why we aren't going back inside. I got the wet guy inside and dried him off. Silly little guy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
He is getting to know his boundaries and probably scared too,but gosh what a kodak moment .Nice christmas card :LOL: :LOL:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have a feeling this little guy has lots of tricks up his sleeves,lol! Maybe this will become a morning ritual for you,hee, hee :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
exercise run run catch me make your heart and body strong :razz: look he is helping you with your new healthy life style ,just get nice jammies for the outing run :LOL:

Ask a Question