New Additions

Reaction score
Was cleaning pond yesterday and noticed i have 3 new additions to it. They are about 1" Shubunkins in length and was shocked seeing them swimming around.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Cool, always neat to find the little ones and shubbies I do love um. Keep saying I need to get some one of these days. Had a nice big one once in my aquarium.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My little shubbies fry are coloring up so pretty. They are pretty jw, but so are the goldies.

Reaction score
Checked on them just now and they seem to be doing well. You can even see some colors in them. will try to get pictures if i can get them to stay a little still to do.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
addy1 said:
My little shubbies fry are coloring up so pretty. They are pretty jw, but so are the goldies.

I love my goldies but I have a special spot in my heart for the shubbies since I had the big one in my aquarium for so many yrs :cool:

Reaction score
Well an update on new additions. They are now around 3" in length and to my surprise today i noticed i have 4 more additions about 3/4" in size. About to get over populated now. Do you think they will last the winter here in Louisiana?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well we should add a holiday to the calender a happy fish parent day ,we deserve it .Congrats to you on being a fish parent and it is so funny when they just suddenly appear from no where even though you know they have been there ,what a nice surprise

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
kpremo, I found a couple 3/4 inchers in my pond last fall, not only did they last the winter but they are about 3" now and we are much colder than you.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well an update on new additions. They are now around 3" in length and to my surprise today i noticed i have 4 more additions about 3/4" in size. About to get over populated now. Do you think they will last the winter here in Louisiana?
They should be fine through the winter down here if your at least 18" to 24" or deeper in the ground. If above ground it depends on where you live and how cold of a winter we have. i have had no problems with a iced over inground pond but have lost 1st year fry in above ground stock tank that iced over for a couple of days. I lost everything in the pond that year except one small koi which I still have to this day.

Reaction score
As i read this i can't help to think why is it when you lose fish it's always your biggest koi and not any of the little goldies.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Often it's because the largest fish have the highest oxygen requirements, and are the first to suffocate. John

Ask a Question