j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Finally was able to get my hands on some more Shubunkins today. I've added them to my bathtub pond for awhile to quarantine them from my other fish in the bigger pond. Got 6 of them. They don't mind the slightly green water in there. Kind of hides them from predators looking from above. I put them in that white dish to try and see them better. Guess I should have used the water they came in from the store instead of the bathtub pond water. Oh well!

IMG_4001.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

Reaction score
Cute. I'm going to add 4 to my goldfish pond to replace the 12 koi I removed. Seems like a fair swap to me. I really love the shubbies, can't wait to get some of my very own.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah! congrats jw shubbie mom! They look very nice. The few I have in my deck pond are growing like crazy, they get good koi food lol.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I haven't fed them yet. Will try today to see if they come out of hiding.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I had to click on my own photo's of them just now to see what they look like as I can't see them in the tub. Oh well!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Congrats J.W.! They are very cute little babies! I have one shubunkin baby from last year that is getting cuter and cuter every day :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Feed feed feed lol, my lil shubbies are growing quick

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I put in some pellets but they are still hiding so I threw in some sinking algae wafers I had on hand in case they are afraid to come up to the surface. Poor scared little babies :sad: Need to fatten them up for the winter. How long should I keep them in the quarantine tub before I throw them in w/ the wolves? Maybe I should leave them in there for longer so they can eat all the food and not get squeezed out by the pigs!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
As long as they are happy and safe they will find plenty in the tub to eat on there own .They gotta check out there new pad .congrats .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Right now they are only checking out a gap between two red bricks on the bottom holding a plant up. They won't come out except every once in awhile I see one dart out and then back in again.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The ones in my deck pond took two weeks to decide I was safe, now they come running when they see me, I mean food!

Reaction score
Beautiful new additions. My son's Shubunkin Gorilla is our friendliest fish and we have had him from day one. I was in the pond yesterday and he wouldn't leave me alone,nibbling on my legs and shorts,kinda funny really. Anyhow nice additions.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Still no sight of them and I know they are hiding in there which makes me want to tear everything apart to look for them just to make sure but I will be patient and let them be at peace. They gotta come out sometime to eat.

Ask a Question