New Batch

Reaction score
Country
Ireland

Some interesting colors this year. The mother is a common goldfish and the father a is a large orange and black/white Shubunkin.
They seem to love the Pleco food, it just dissolves into the water, perfect size for them.
At the moment they are host in a 60L aquarium tank in full sunlight in the garden with a air sponge filter. They seem to be thriving with the green water. I do barely any water changes as nitrate and ammonia are zero. Just top it up.
As i read before daily water changes are needed with fry. Not when mother nature is cleaning it for you :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There is some nice fish in there. Took me a minute to notice the snail, thanks for the video.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
There is some nice fish in there. Took me a minute to notice the snail, thanks for the video.

I literally had the tank out for 2 weeks and the tank was invaded with small snails. I actually brought a few in into my 110L tank, just so many. I actually like them :)

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
This my favorite hybrid from last year, same parents. I think its my favorite cause it has white eyes. Never saw a goldfish with white eyes, anyone else? This is a old picture, she is huge now, bigger than her mother already!

Attachments

• IMG_20180321_192409.jpg
    IMG_20180321_192409.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20180321_192344.jpg
    IMG_20180321_192344.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Outstanding! I use sponge filters in all of my aquariums and they are absolutely fantastic. Way to go!

Yep they're great little filters, super cheap to run. Although I tried used one with my canister filter, however I notice most of the junk was being collected at the bottom of the sponge filter, when usually the canister would suck everything up anyways. Thought it be a good idea for filtration and aeration, unless you want to spend extra maintenance work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very nice! but... what are you going to do with all them when they grow? I'm guessing you have a plan if you have done this before:)

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I'm wondering how did you get the babies out of your pond or were they born in the aquarium?

First I separated the mother and father into a container. Laid the eggs on a piece of filter floss, after 1 hour I just dropped the floss into the aquarium.

Ask a Question