New build pondscape/landscape questions

Reaction score
I plan to start a new build in the next few days and have a few ideas but also have a few questions for this project.

I have a Rubermaid 3oo gallon tank that I'd like to incorporate into the designe and plan to barry it half way for the head of a waterfall - Has anyone got any advice on a filter/fall system that will blend in to the tank or barried one of these before & do I need to do anything special to do this

As you can see I have standard treated privacy fence as my back drop and would like to build the grade up against the fence with the dirt from my pond's hole. I'm adding plastic siltation fence before I back fill to avoide the fence from being damaged from watering the flowers Will I need to reinforce the back side of the fence with rebar or stone at the bace to keep it from warping the bottom of the fence?

Attachments

• pond 001.jpg
    pond 001.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 335

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I buried a 300 gallon rubbermaid, did it for a carnivorous bog. Just make sure the ground below is level.
Pumps filters come in a lot of different sizes shapes, if you are putting dirt between the pond and fence you could do a 55 gallon type filter, bury it in your dirt build up, have the drain out where you can reach it.

Yes I would think you would need to reinforce the fence, maybe even put concrete block in front of it where you are going to have dirt.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would defintely use concrete block or some sort of wood (railroad ties, pressure treated wood) to put between your fence and the dirt. I would also leave about 6" between the fence and the block so that the fence can dry out after it gets wet.

Ask a Question