New construction waterfall

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
still working on pond waterfall Left to do put underlayment then liner the large rock on left can i use silicon to glue liner to the rock will leave extra for water level i only need 8 feet the 20 of tubing should i cut the remaining hose

Attachments

• A8D03B1D-6072-4F2C-A1A5-AD1AC643BDB5.jpeg
    A8D03B1D-6072-4F2C-A1A5-AD1AC643BDB5.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 129
  • EAE07AED-5CF5-4797-A4CD-1B81D0780FB3.jpeg
    EAE07AED-5CF5-4797-A4CD-1B81D0780FB3.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
still working on pond waterfall Left to do put underlayment then liner the large rock on left can i use silicon to glue liner to the rock will leave extra for water level i only need 8 feet the 20 of tubing should i cut the remaining hose another question i was going to lay underlayment- liner over the first stones then put another stone on top Just above water-level it should i take stones out raise the soil to water level they lay diwn liner and underlayment nit sure which one

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Waterfals skimmers and the like are the usual suspreacts for water leaks and down the road when a leak surfaces trying to find the cause can be very time consuming caulking rubber to rothers is possible but not a great idea. best advice I could give is WAY OVERSIZE the liner arIund the falls and make some high sides so any splashing is controlled and collected back into the pond .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Agree...just make sure your rocks, your waterfall and weir have a liner under it. The liner should be pitched toward the pond and concave shaped so that if any water gets around, under or over the rocks, it can only go one place...back down into the pond.
If your liner isn't big enough, you can add another liner to the pond liner, just make sure it fully overlaps the pond liner.

About cutting the hose...I guess it depends on what type of hose it is. Most will be OK, but some of those corrugated hoses have specific ends for using hose clamps. What type of hose is it? Can you post a picture?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like pocono said depends on the type of hose but generaly any hose for a fish pond can be cut and it should be made relatively as short as possible to lesson head pressure so you get the max water flow out of your pump. You can always add more latter if you need to

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Like pocono said depends on the type of hose but generaly any hose for a fish pond can be cut and it should be made relatively as short as possible to lesson head pressure so you get the max water flow out of your pump. You can always add more latter if you need to
Good point. You don't want to push water through any more hose than you have to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Agree...just make sure your rocks, your waterfall and weir have a liner under it. The liner should be pitched toward the pond and concave shaped so that if any water gets around, under or over the rocks, it can only go one place...back down into the pond.
If your liner isn't big enough, you can add another liner to the pond liner, just make sure it fully overlaps the pond liner.

About cutting the hose...I guess it depends on what type of hose it is. Most will be OK, but some of those corrugated hoses have specific ends for using hose clamps. What type of hose is it? Can you post a picture?
3/4 in. x 20 ft. Corrugated Tubing
Makes sense thanks

Ask a Question