Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Images of new features and of course a few pictures of the owners of the pond, my turtles ;)
Got all the new features added/installed to my turtles & Koi pond. I got the TWC heaters installed as well as the ice breakers for the smaller pond that has not got heaters. The new features I installed/built are a anchored basking log, an anchored basking "Lilly" plus all new basking islands (3) made of cut sandstone slabs with granite risers and anchors. A large rock and pebble garden bordered with red cement edgers with river rock, creek stone, and polished black sea stones with a compacted sand bed foundation. Added new predator guards over the basking areas and paths plus reinforced the old ones and re-galvanized the rusty spots. And last I rebuilt my UV filter and upgraded the in and out pipe system to 3 inch and the flow rate to 2250 gallons per hour.

t1.jpg
t5.jpg
DSCN2442.JPG
DSCN2462.JPG
DSCN2463.JPG
DSCN2464.JPG
DSCN2466.JPG
DSCN2467.JPG
DSCN2468.JPG
DSCN2470.JPG
DSCN2473.JPG
DSCN2474.JPG

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I am still amazed at all the extra stuff you have to do for turtles
Alot of it is not really "necessary" lol except for the cover for birds and the enclosure wall. The islands, caves & other stuff is just luxury features to keep them as happy as possible but they could live without it :D

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Nice, but how do you galvanize rusty metal?
You just clean the rust off then add a zinc solution. I do it using my Mig welder using steel/zinc alloy wire with a fluxed core. You can also use a dip method but for my application that would be impossible because you have to did the entire part in the zinc "bath".

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
A task you never complete, you just stop, one day.
And that one day you stop is probably when you die lol I am sure I will still be obsessed with and working on my turtles pond till the day I kill over :D

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And that one day you stop is probably when you die lol I am sure I will still be obsessed with and working on my turtles pond till the day I kill over :D
LOL! We have already warned our son, who's 20, that he will inherit my turtles one day. I have box turtles and they can live, oh, up to and beyond 50 years. (But I have a feeling that DS is secretly contacting zoos and rescues as we speak.... :rolleyes:)

Ask a Question