New from New Jersey

Reaction score
Hi there!

Well, i'm kindof new to ponds, but not new to fish and fish tanks. I currently have a 125 gallon CO2 pressurized tank with live plants insode the house. Just recently I started a small project of building a retaining wall area near my pool, and well...it turned into a bigger project which will include a 10X6x3 foot pond with waterfall, and LED lighting.

This was about 2 weeks ago...
FirstPondPic.jpg

This was just this past weekend.... all electrical is ran with two gang box areas (one for the pump and Presurized filter- the other for the patio and LED lighting), and the next step will be laying the underliner, and rubber liner

Pond4.jpg

Its getting there....oh, and the kicker...i need to get this finished by July 8th ;-) talk about being under a little pressure...hahaha:bouncycig:

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Welcome to GPF! There was a thread just started on fish tanks. Add some pics to it.

And they always turn into a bigger project.LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomer45.gif
timelessr1

Ask questions and we will try to help w/ any concerns you have........nice to meet ya :squint:

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!!! I also just posted in the fish thank thread too...hopefully i'll be able to give back some knowlege too..

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
welcome aboard! :regular_waving_emot Nice little pond area, I have one near my pool, just always make yourself aware of pool chemicals and ponds. I've been keeping fish a long time myself and I've almost made a couple of Boo Boo's working on one and seeing something that needed to be done on the other and almost forgot to go inside and clean my hands before messing in the pond. Will look very nice when done though.

Reaction score
Well...this holiday weekend was a weekened of tough work! I ended up getting the pond finished 1 week early! Was able to hide the Lagun 3200 filter also:bouncycig: Final demensions of the pond are 10 feet at the longest and 6 feet at the narrowest. Deep section is 3 feet .....shelfing is at 12 inches on both sides

Finishedpic.jpg

closeupfinished.jpg

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That came out looking really nice! Do you have chemical pool or salt water pool?

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
That came out looking really nice! Do you have chemical pool or salt water pool?

Its a chemical pool. I'm not too worried about splashing of water into the pond since its just the wife and I, and we're not really into doing cannon balls off the diving board...hahha and the wallon that side is about 20 inches high off the patio

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I was curious if you had gone salt system, I haven't but wish I had. Biggest thing is be sure and rinse any chemicals off your hand before working in the pond. I have kids and they do the cannon ball splashes! I keep my chlorine level kind of low once the pool is clear and stable and haven't had any issues. Mine is about 36" away from the pool and about 32" from the ground to the top edge of the pond, so very minimal splashing gets in it anyway. Been trying to talk the wife into converting the pool into a Koi pond that I could swim in but she won't go for it, she wants it left like it is in case we sell the house, she thinks that it will sell better with a actual swimming pool instead of a fish pond. :D When and if we ever do.

Ask a Question