New from Utah

Reaction score
I bought a house and discovered a set of small ponds that had been created as a water feature which had later been filled with rocks and grown over. My kids and I got excited about restoring it but haven't any clue what we are doing. We emptied out all the rocks and cleaned it out but don't know where to go from here. I'm excited to see this community. I'll read a bit more to know where to start then ask some questions. Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome, pictures and dimensions would help a bit when you start asking questions. Congrats on the house and your family pond project

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I just posted my first post over in newbies complete with pics and dimensions.

Reaction score
Cool pic of your Chihuahua!. We have a Havanese. We've never had ponds before so I'm hoping he doesn't make a mess with them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Cool pic of your Chihuahua!. We have a Havanese. We've never had ponds before so I'm hoping he doesn't make a mess with them.

We have 4 little dogs, 3 Chihuahuas and a Corgi/Chihuahua mix. None of them bother our ponds at all. They look at them like really big water bowls. But they do sometimes try to steal the food from the fishes. LOL

We have a friend who brings her dog over. She is a Shih Tzu and she thinks our back yard is the coolest doggie water park ever! She swims laps in our big pond and lays in the pools of water in our bog.

This is Trixie laying in our big bog. She likes to get nice and wet and then jump into the pile of old ashes in the fire pit! LOL

Silly girl.
12524274_10156524537260317_2711241045439438758_n.jpg

So I guess it just depends on the dogs.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
She is trying to disguise herself or she likes to think it is Halloween all the time

Ask a Question