New Girl/New Pond

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and in the middle of building our second pond. I thought I would share some pics and ask......how does everyone keep out a blue heron? We had problems with our last pond and hoping that this one is deep enough. Plan on "stringing" the beach area

IMG_1578.jpgIMG_1580.jpgIMG_0169.jpgIMG_0171.jpgIMG_0172.jpgIMG_0177.JPGIMG_0186.JPGIMG_0188.JPGIMG_0190.JPG IMG_0178.JPGIMG_0177.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 313

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I fight the heron all of the time. It did not matter, the pond deepness, they stood on the bank at the deep end and fished. This year I put a wide weave net about 4 feet over the pond, so far no heron issues. They fly over every day morning and night.

Nice transition you are doing.

Reaction score
I also have a wide weave net to keep out the heron. They are a real problem here. A net is the only solution for me and my fishies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Looks great! Keep us posted as you finish it. I would love to see more pictures. What a lovely backdrop for a swimming pool :)

Reaction score
For now, nope, no train. And thanks everyone for the encouragement. Just took a break from moving the rocks. We also have a turtle pond that we are doing away with and going to add the turtles to this pond. We have rod iron fencing about a foot high. We just decided today to attach netting over that to completely cover the pond. Turtles and fish in.....heron OUT. What type of netting does everyone use? And any pictures?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and nice pond I did my block the same way for my sides but did not take pics when I was building it

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Kathy21 said:
Addy...is that a parti yorki? We have a yorkie also. :) Love her so much
Yes she is 5.5 months, my last little girl passed in april, broke our hearts, unknown lung cancer. Honey got her for me, she was 4 months when she arrived to our house.

She is # 6 yorkies in my life time. (late hubby and I had 5)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Kathy21 said:
@ Addy, found your pics. Nice ,might have to try that
I wanted something that would not trap birds, butterflies, frogs etc.

Ask a Question