New goldfish has appeared

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
While feeding this evening I saw a three inch black goldfish that I had not put in my pond. Some of you have been complaining about your population explosion, and I’ve been thanking my lucky stars that I hadn’t seen any fry. I supposed they’re hiding out in all the new plants you had me put in. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have been thinking about rehoming my two biggest goldfish, who are about eight inches long and eight years old. The pond just isn’t big enough for them. It would have to be to a good pond home though, and I’m not sure how to find one. I’d rather not advertise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
My suggestion would be to contact a pond builder in your area..Mine has said that he will take any fish that I want to rehome for his future clients..Then you will at least know who you are giving them to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I found a new home for my three largest goldfish by asking the local gardening group members. Yay! Any suggestions for the least traumatic way to catch them? I’m planning to wait until this heat spell let’s up a bit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I found a new home for my three largest goldfish by asking the local gardening group members. Yay! Any suggestions for the least traumatic way to catch them? I’m planning to wait until this heat spell let’s up a bit.
Is there a corner in your pond you can shoo them into and have a net behind them, waiting? I've found having a second person with a second net is pretty helpful and the fish aren't too traumatized. I'm so glad you found them a good home.

Ask a Question