New Guy From Washington

Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is CJ. I Recently Purchased a house that has a large pond in the back yard. I have always had multiple fish tanks in my house at all times. I have had everything from planted tropical tanks to full reef tanks. but now I will replace those tanks with this pond. The house was a bank repo so no one has taken care of the pond in the past few years. I am looking for a lot of advice on how to improve the pond and keep the fish safe. I have been reading this forum for the past few weeks and have already picked up some good ideas. look forward to having a few specific questions answered.

I will be creating a new post that has specific pictures of my pond and my plans along with my many questions.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomecvb.gif
CJ
You're not far from me. Used to live in Edmonds a long time ago. Nice little town.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcomefromgang4.gif
Welcome to our group, we all will love to give you are advice to help your get your pond in shape.

Post some pictures!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome and congrats, they through in a house with your pond LOL :LOL:

Can't wait to see pics! Even if it has been neglected, you should be able to get it up and running smoothly in no time at all.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard! Wow, a nice large pond with all the digging work already done! The hard parts behind you, get it cleaned up and post some pics! You'll be enjoying the pond in no time. Oh and BTW, I have had many aquariums in the past and still do, I still enjoy the ponds better than the tanks! Good luck!

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes. Ill put pictures up tonight once im home from work today. There is alot to fix up. The water is clear now. But in the summer when I first moved in there was alot of algae growth. I think this was from lack of water flow and no filter or plants. This summers goal is to put in a good sized bog section and adding a few pumps to add water movement. I would like to keep it naturally filtered by a bog as I have seen people on here have done.

Ask a Question