New here but not to ponds

Reaction score
Ive started my pond addiction about 8 years ago. It all started when my neighbor was getting rid of his preformed I bought it and his filter and pump. That eventually gave me my leap to dig a 2500 gal pond mixed with plants and koi. I have always made my aim to have crystal water and low budget. So I cunstructed a 55gal DIY bio filter with airation down tube and a three stage mechanical filter out of a sterilite storage drawer from Walmart using reusable furnace filters and quilt batting. Between this filtration and heavy filter plant use I achieved my clear water goal. Another step I took was to never have soil in my pond. Everything was planted either in oil dry or pea gravel. IfI bought a plant and it was in soil I would repot it first with my own way.

Well I moved an have no backyard pond.....yet!!! So that is what brings me here, I have questions for construction but that calls for a new thread. Hope you can follow and help and if you have any questions I may be able to help as well
Thanks and happy ponding!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome10.gif
Roansdad

Ask a Question