New house, new pond!

Reaction score
Hi I have just bought a new property with an old house a gorgeous garden and 12 m squared pond. Sadly the previous owner ripped out the filter , pump and fountain system! He left me 10 large goldfish and I am really concerned that I need to prepare for them as the weather warms up. I have been to several aquatic centres and all give me conflicting advice. Apparently I have about 7,000 litre pond........... any advice greatfully received

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome buy a pump that is energy saving and build a filter .temporary for now just to hold the fish over .A tote will work .Laguna pumps have 4 year warranty and I bought 2900 gph on ebay for less than 180 dollars from webbs online but through there ebay store .You tube has lots of filter builds watt tester shows how many watts it is using in electricity .Those pressure filters are just no good at least that's the way I feel .Keep a budget as you will change it any ways

Attachments

• pond pump 002.JPG
    pond pump 002.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 255
  • pond pump 043.JPG
    pond pump 043.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 196

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Check our DIY section, there are a lot of filter build suggestions and plans that could help you out.

hand_writing.gif

Ask a Question