New house with a pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Total noob here and I've just moved into a new home with a pond full of koi carp. I was told they are ok over winter but I thought as we approach Spring now would be a good time to work out how things work and what to do etc!

I have included some pictures of the pumping system/filter. The buttons you have to press and hold in for them to do anything. I kind of assumed I would just press a button and it would magically work but unfortunately not o_O

Is there a link to a suitable beginner's guide? I think that would be a good start.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 94

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Others can chime in, here. All systems are different. If you can find a brand name, you could do a Google search for information/instructions.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! What a nice pond. Are you saying that you have to continuously hold the buttons down to get the pump to run and when you release the buttons the pump stops? What happens when you push the button on the far right?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Koiphen is a better source for mechanical filters it appears you have a nexus?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I have a One Pond Plus 4000 (air pump?) and a Oase Vitronic 36 UV clarifier.

I've got it turned on and as far as I can tell water is coming into the grey tank and going through the filter and presumably back into the pond.

So do I just leave this running until the water is clear again?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sounds like it's working if the water is coming into the filter and running out the other side and it's not just a trickle saying it's clogged i guess your good

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome, and please, if you are enjoying the pond, read through a bunch of threads, pick up the information we freely offer. Things like knowing how to find and fix a leak, what your fish can eat, how to test the water, and what the results mean. Just like owning any other exotic pet, knowing is golden.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome, and please, if you are enjoying the pond, read through a bunch of threads, pick up the information we freely offer. Things like knowing how to find and fix a leak, what your fish can eat, how to test the water, and what the results mean. Just like owning any other exotic pet, knowing is golden.
very well stated, As has been made clear ish above, it seems the system is working, so now you have to figure out how to make it work how you want it to, how to do upkeep on it, and how to keep the inhabitants healthy.

Ask a Question