New in the pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, all! I have just a small pond, a 300 gallon stock tank, but I have been keeping goldfish and koi for years. I take my fish in for the winter. Last year I had to rehome my lovely 15 in. Koi, since she had grown too large to be happy in this habitat. She ended up in a fantastic big pond where she could really flourish.

After she was gone, I said no more koi, just stick to goldfish. But I added a couple more small koi, just could not resist when I saw some that caught my eye. ;) Lol, they are growing fast!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and they are nce but they do grow fast .You should have gotten fat fantails they are cute as can be and watching there butt wiggle to swim is cute .They also don't seem to breed much .I have no babies from them yet after 11 + years

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome!:)
I know exactly how you feel, I used to have to turn in my large koi due to lack of space, but kept buying more cause I couldn't resist...this year I decided to enlarge the pond, and stop buying babies, no matter how beautiful, cause I don't want to end up having to give them up anymore.
Do you have the room to enlarge your pond, if you wanted to?
Can we see pics?

Ask a Question